Candidates are required to review the Candidate Rules prior to taking the exam. On exam day at check-in, candidates are directed to read the Candidate Statement and provide an electronic signature, agreeing to the terms and conditions of the REx-PN. Additionally, to ensure a high level of security, candidates will be monitored at all times and are subject to audio and video recording.
Grounds for Dismissal or Cancellation of Results
A candidate who violates the test center regulations or rules, or engages in irregular behavior, misconduct and/or does not follow the test administrator’s warning to discontinue inappropriate behavior may be dismissed from the test center and their exam fee will not be refunded. Additionally, the exam result may be withheld or canceled and the nursing regulatory body may take other disciplinary action such as denial of a license/registration and/or disqualifying candidates from future REx-PN registrations for licensure/registration.
Test Center Violations
Behaviors that constitute irregular behavior or misconduct include but are not limited to:
- Giving or receiving assistance of any kind.
- Using, accessing, or attempting to access any prohibited aids. Prohibited aids are any devices or materials that will be helpful in taking the REx-PN. Examples of aids that are prohibited are electronic devices (e.g. cell/mobile/smart phones, tablets, smart watches, etc.), handheld calculators, conversion tables, dictionaries, etc.
- Attempting to take the examination for someone else.
- Failing to follow testing regulations or the instructions of the test administrator.
- Creating a disturbance of any kind.
- Tampering with the operation of the computer or attempting to use it for any function other than taking the examination.